This can be an awkward age for infants since they’re not yet a toddler but quickly growing and developing out of that baby stage. It’s a curious yet awkward age where they are starting to learn how to play and have some basic sensory skills, but the Best Toys for 1-Year-Old boys you decide shouldn’t overwhelm those delicate senses which are only just beginning to blossom.
Knowing what toys to purchase that will help rather than hinder that early growth can be daunting. Every parent wants to instinctively give their child with only the best. Fear not! In our Best Toys for 1-Year-Old Boys review, we have a variety of fun, educational, stimulating, and skill improving toys all of which will keep your little ones securely entertained. It’s a big one so let’s get stuck right in.
The Best Toys & Gifts for 1-Year-Old Boys review
- 1.First Builders Big Building Bag
- 2.VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (Frustration Free Packaging)
- 3.VTech Pull and Sing Puppy
- 4.LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo
- 5.Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Chair
- 6.Avenor Baby Balance Bike
- 7.Little Tikes Rocking Horse
- 8.Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Game & Learn controller
- 9.Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys
- 10.vTurn and Learn Driver toy
- 11.Activity Cube
- 12.Rhyme and Discover book
- 13.Baby’s Learning Laptop
- 14.LeapFrog Learn and Groove Musical Table
- 15.Baby Einstein Octoplush Plush Toy
- 16.Playkidz balls
- 17.Hide ‘N Spin Monkey
- 18.VTech Go! Go! Smart Wheels 3-in-1 Launch and Play Raceway
- 19.Little Tikes Activity Garden Playset
- 20.Fisher Price
Building blocks are some of the most regular toys for toddlers and with good reason: They are affordable, versatile and colorful. These make them perfect toys for little children. Mega Blocks ‘builds’ on this thought with this building bag which houses 80 pieces. They are a remarkable tool for encouraging a child’s imagination and the size of the blocks also makes them too big to fit into your child’s mouth, thus, while your toddler might still chomp on the blocks (they all do at some point), he would be incapable to swallow them.
Another great function of the size is accessibility. It’s a lot harder to lose a single piece, as it is more likely you’ll simply spot an errant Mega block in the corner due to the sheer size. With 80 pieces contained in it, your boy can build just about anything he desires to with no limits or barriers.
The storage bag which houses the blocks also allows for simple cleanup, you can still make a game out of it with your toddler. There is no shortage of ways with which to use the Mega Blocks and this is why it is such a huge toy. Large pieces make them easy for the child to grip and adaptability makes the child’s creation only limited by imagination.
- Impressive amount of blocks (80 pieces)
- The blocks are simple to clean up due to the bag it comes in
- Exclusively suited for a toddler’s hands due to their size
- Can be used in conjunction with other Mega Bloks preschool toys
- BrandMega Brands
- Weight1 pounds
With this first toy on your review from VTech, your little boy can get his feet and get used to the sensation of walking in a safe and supported environment. It arrives with a detachable activity panel ideal for play with animals, colors, shapes, and numbers all to be discovered. There’s a music center that promotes creativity with five colorful key panels and plenty of spinning rollers, turning gears and light-up buttons that develop vital motor skills. There’s also a pretend phone to improve the imaginative role-play fun so your little one can practice their communication abilities just like Mummy and Daddy.
- Removable Play panel which makes the toy extremely versatile
- Arrives in plain packaging which takes away the frustration of getting it open
- Over 70 sing-along songs, rhymes, and music to both educate and entertain your child
- Wheels that can work on most kinds of terrain including wood and carpets
- Weight5 pounds
Puppies and children go hand-in-hand. Maybe this is because they are small, cute and joyful. The VTech Pull and Sing Puppy fuses the best of both worlds: A pretty little puppy to follow your child around that you can also control at will. The toys intend is attractive to children as it arrives in the form of a Dalmatian which harkens to the classic Disney cartoon. It’s a great toy to aid your child develop his gross motor skills.
The cord attached to it lets it to be pulled along for a walk while at the same time, can also activate sounds and movement from the puppy. With above 60 songs, rhymes and melodies, playtime doesn’t need to find stale. It sports some colorful buttons on the side that are numbered which when pressed emits sounds and music. This is a huge tool for teaching your child basic numbers and body parts. It uses 2 AAA batteries which can last for a long amount of time. With the Pull and Sing Puppy, VTech has once more established why they are one of the best toy brands for kids.
- Colorful Numbers on the side that can be pressed to release sounds and music
- Above 60 different songs, rhymes, and melodies to keep your toddler occupied
- Pull cord can simply be stored when not in use
- Great toy to develop gross motor skills
- Weight13.3 ounces
The LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo is a suitably named toy. Like an actual Zoo, it features a lot of animals and unlike a real zoo; your child isn’t even remotely in any sort of danger from the animals. It is not a very large toy and as everything is in one place, there isn’t any risk of losing parts of the toy. This can be greatly involved in the development of your child’s motor skills with the assist of a sliding bee, frog and Rabbit button. It also features three modes of play: Alphabet, animals, and Music and with each mode, your kid can learn something new.
Also contained are popular educational songs such as ‘Old McDonald’ and the ABC song. It can be spun and whenever the wheel stops, you find some information about the letter it stops on. This is accompanied by rattling beads that create sounds when the wheel is spun on one side and an animated LED lights display on the other side. The Alphabet Zoo is a top option for your toddler and one that can last even until age 3.
With a Bee to slide and Frog and Rabbit buttons to press, it also aids develop your child’s fine motor skills.
- Three distinct modes of play: Alphabet, Animals and Music mode
- It qualities Colourful LED lights that keep your child engaged
- It’s huge for motor skills thanks to the Bee slider and Frog and Rabbit buttons
- Roll the wheel and discover new information on letters, animals, and sounds
- Weight1 pounds
This is no usual chair. The Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Chair is revolutionary in just how much it can do for your kid. The friendly-looking yellow armchair which features a smiley face is child-friendly and is brilliantly colored to attract your child to it in the first place. Its most remarkable feature is possibly the Smart Stages technology which allows you to switch between three levels of play, each with exclusive content that caters to your baby’s developmental stage.
The first has content suitable to children 12 months and above, the second, 18 months and the third, 24 months. The chair also knows when your infant stands or sits and triggers age-appropriate songs when each incident occurs. Each armrest of the chair qualities a different movement item with one armrest featuring a light-up remote control and the other a colorful flipbook. The chair can also be raised to disclose a surprise and is a great way to play with your child. You can just hide something underneath the chair and make your toddler open it to reveal what’s in there. It also arrives with 50 plus songs, tunes, and phrases that your toddler can commit to memory. It arrives with Smart Stages technology which changes the content of the toy to match your child’s developmental period.
- 50 plus songs, tunes, and phrases to keep your baby occupied
- It arrives with three levels of play (and learning) all of which you can manually switch between
- Friendly design that’s attractive to little children
- Light-up remote control and colorful flipbook keep your kid entertained even while seated
- Weight1.11 pounds
The Avenor Baby Balance Bike is perfect for equipping your child with much-needed confidence when he initial starts learning how to stay balanced. The Avenor Balance Bike is designed with your child’s safety and relief in mind as the lightweight frame made of carbon steel teaches your baby how to stable himself without a fuss. The handlebar only has limited maneuverability to ensure that your baby doesn’t fall over as riding.
It lacks pedals on the side which raises your child’s ability to stay balanced using his feet. The wheels are strong and made to work with different types of surfaces both indoors and outdoors. It also comes almost totally assembled which means you can easily take it to the park and add a few finishing touches before it is prepared for use. The Avenor Balance Bike helps your child to grow his coordination and also teaches steering and balance and is the best balance bike for one-year-olds. It makes a brilliant gift for your 1-year-old or any other toddler in your life.
- Arrives about 95% assembled which makes putting it together a rather simple task
- Four strong wheels that can be used on most surfaces
- Lightweight Frame means your child can stay balanced and upright while learning to ride and steer
- Limited maneuverability of handlebars to keep your kid from falling over
- Weight5.2 pounds
The Little Tikes Rocking Horse is a typical toy but its modern design makes it well suited for the world we live in today. It is the best rocking horse toy you can find for a toddler with its fun and friendly design. Speaking of designs, this rocking horse has a rather easy one. The whole surface is a cool blue color that’s soothing for your kid. Unlike older designs, the edges on this horse are all rounded making nigh on impractical for an injury to occur.
Capable of rock quietly, the Rocking horse doesn’t tilt too far to any side which means your toddler isn’t going to be falling over. The high-class plastic means that it will last for a pretty long time. You should perhaps ignore leaving it in the sun too long as this can cause the color to fade.
- Simple design with rounded edges to stop injury
- The Bike can take up to 50 pounds
- It’s extremely easy to clean
- Comfortable chair makes rocking easy and fun and doesn’t tilt too much to any side
- BrandLittle Tikes
- Weight7.41 pounds
If, possibly you’re a gaming household that’s into video games, the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Game & Learn controller is the perfect toy for you. It comes in a friendly design and the seam is reminiscent of the X-Box controller. It features a D-Pad, Joystick, buttons and still a clicker wheel at the top. Each button activates content on the toy, so regardless of what your child presses, there’s something for him.
The controller aids develop motor skills as your child fiddles with the different clickers, buttons, and wheels on the toy. It is also a fine introduction to numbers, shapes, colors and so on. If you own an X-Box, the similarity in design makes it a brilliant tool to bond over while playing pretends or playing a game on the big screen as your toddler watches and ‘plays’ the game with you.
- It arrives with a D-Pad, Joystick, buttons and even a clicker wheel at the top
- Shaped like an X-Box controller which makes it relevant to both parent and child
- Enhances motor skills with different buttons and clicker wheel
- Activate content with each press of a button
- Weight2.4 ounces
If you’re looking for a great toy that’s excellent for playing around with and soothing baby’s gums, then you should also believe the Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys. The design is a mix of colors which aren’t only visually appealing to your young child, but also stimulating to the senses. It is also huge for exercising the gums, teeth, and hands as it features an easy-grip that is suitable to a baby’s hands. Its most distinctive characteristic has to be the PurICE technology.
This is an attribute that allows for the teether keys to relieve your child’s gums after being placed in a refrigerator. What’s more, the keys are also in various colors which make them attractive to your toddler. It’s an all-round great toy for your kid and it is well worth a look when next you find the shopping done.
- PurICE technology makes it soothing on baby’s gums
- Simple grips which enable simple handling
- Designed to exercise your child’s teeth, gums, and hands
- Is proper for all kids aged 3 months and above
- Weight4 ounces
All little boys love cars so imagine the delight your one-year-old boy will feel being given the keys to his vehicle with this Turn and Learn Driver toy. It’s the ideal way to encourage optimum early enlargement and development. With five funs, colorful and interactive buttons, it also plays different songs and sound causes to stimulate the senses, including car and animal noises. It arrives with a gear shift lever and a light signal lever both of which also create different effects that your one-year-old boy will be pleased and enthralled by. You might think that one is a bit young to be learning to drive, but the steering wheel is a huge way of giving your kids something that they can control and duplicate activity they see their parents performing. Also it’s lots of fun.
- Imitation steering wheel with lights and sounds
- 5 fun colored buttons introduce your boy to animal and vehicle sounds
- Aids boost and develop motor skills and sensory play
- Arrives with three different play modes to retain interest
- Weight1.45 pounds
This is the ideal interactive toy Activity Cube for a 1-year-old and will help to grab their attention and give lots of experiences via the five-sided design with plenty of lights and sounds that promote exploration. Designed from BPA free plastic and with adjustable volume control, it also has an automatic shut off which is greatly convenient. It’s a great toy for developing early sensory skills as also delivering lots of fun for your 1-year-old plus it introduces animal names and sounds with shapes and words. It’s perfect for preparing your kid for preschool engaging motor skills, memory and cognitive portions of the brain.
- Five interactive sides for highest engagement
- Plays 25 different songs, sounds, names and shapes
- Motion sensor to keenly encourage participation
- Stimulates exploration and discovery
- Weight1.85 pounds
Up next yet from VTech in our Best Toys for 1-year-old boys review, is an interactive book of discovery that is full of amazing nursery store favorites and rhymes. It features three delightful characters that light up with buttons on the side that make the pages easy to turn for interactive fun. The pages have been particularly designed for little hands, and there is a convenient auto shut-off quality to preserve the battery life plus a volume control for when you require taking the action down a notch for quiet times. It’s been designed so that the Rhyme and Discover book is tough and long-lasting and it should provide endless hours of educational fun and creative play. Your small boy will be encouraged to sing along and increase their verbal development.
- Lights and sounds create a full learning environment
- Plays seven family favorite nursery rhymes
- Supports the development of verbal and vocal skills
- Promotes the use of motor skills through simple to turn pages
- Weight1.15 pounds
It’s never too early to start using a laptop it looks! The world today is all about technology, and this Baby’s Learning Laptop is a brilliant introduction to the concept of early learning. There are three modes of play that support and teach things like shape recognition, music, and feelings. The keyboard has nine oversized keys designed to make it seem like a real laptop with an easy to press the light-up screen. There’s also a completely sized mouse for those little one-year-old hands and over 90 sounds, sounds, and phrases that will rapidly promote learning skills. It’s the ideal toy for the curious one-year-old, and kids love doing what their parents are doing.
- Oversized easy to operate buttons
- Movable mouse is ideal for tiny hands
- Laptop features three modes of play
- Promotes and teaches shapes, objects, and feelings
- Weight1.35 pounds
Start your small boy of early on the road to international fame and fortune with the LeapFrog Learn and Groove Musical Table. We yet love the sound of it! What better gift to give your 1-year-old boy than gifts of music! These colorful and fun instrument qualities over 70 songs and tunes that introduce your kid to numbers, letters, shapes, and colors, and so much more interactive fun. It still has those old school favorites you’ll recall from your childhood, Old MacDonald and Itsy Bitsy Spider. It is an Educator Approved learning toy and has very much been designed with your child’s early growth in mind as well as obviously delivering hours of fun and entertainment.
- Explore a world of music with above 70+ songs, tunes and learning responses
- Learn numbers and letters, shapes and colors too
- Stand up and play or explore on the floor
- simply switch between music mode and learning mode
- Brand LeapFrog
- Weight5.05 pounds
This super cute looking plush isn’t all that it initially appears. While your baby will certainly love to cuddle it, they will be still more enthralled by its bright colors and the sound of the musical melodies it delivers. It’s huggable and adorable and ideal for encouraging tactile development. Squeeze the Octopus’s head, and your little one will be delighted since they access more soothing typical melodies. There’s a volume control, and if you squeeze the legs, you can hear the names of colors in English, Spanish and also French, so it’s ideal for developing language skills. For the curious one-year-old in your family, this actually does make a fabulous gift idea.
- Go on an exploration of color, music, and fun
- This lovable and huggable toy will aid with tactile development
- Swap between English, Spanish or French language opportunities
- Squeeze the legs to hear and learn colors and the head to activate classical melodies
- BrandBaby Einstein
- Weight14.1 ounces
Come on now, who doesn’t love to bash things slightly! It’s a great way to let out some frustration and as a one-year-old, going through so much early growth, hitting a hammer is probably fun therapy. With its special hammer and soft sanded Playkidz balls perfectly designed for little hands, this colorful kit is a brilliant way of introducing your boy to cause and effect. It really does make the ideal present for a 1-year old boy and will keep him busy for hours.
- Multicolor fun with this engaging ball pound
- Hammer and balls particularly designed for little hands and are easy to grip
- Considerably improves hand to eye co-ordination and association with colors
- Children learn to align, slot and aim balls to drop them through the maze
- Weight1.5 pounds
For the cheeky small Spin Monkey in your life who already has a strong sense of inquisitiveness, this spinning monkey is the ideal little present. He’s been designed to introduce your child to the new and exciting world of shapes and counting and features lots of animated monkey sounds, melodies and light-up buttons that will inspire all the senses. Press the nose the monkey hides, drop balls into the hat and smart monkey will count as he peeks back out again. This truly is a lovely, fun and creative gift idea.
- Lights, sounds, melodies and monkey noises
- 2 ways to play; seated or standing
- Spin, roll or chase the balls
- Press the nose and watch since your cheeky monkey hides
- BrandBright Starts
- Weight5.29 pounds
This is one of those toys that will possibly become addictive and that you will enjoy playing too! There are three tracks that you can arrange, Raceway, Super Raceway and Stunt each of which delivers hours of fun with lots of stimulating sound effects and music too. There’s also a lift-up Launcher created to grow your child’s fine motor skills. It’s colorful and fast fun.
- Allow their imagination take the wheel
- 3-in-1 launch and play raceway set
- Contains one SmartPoint race care
- Three track configurations for hours of fun
- Weight1.45 pounds
Excellent multi-functional play center that fosters and develops so many early developmental skills. There’s so much to discover, to touch and to play with spinning parts, plenty of buttons to press, doors to be opened and closed as well as a telescope to seem through. Little Tikes Activity Garden Playset is the ideal toy for encouraging creative and expressive play. There’s a crawl throughout archway, shape sorter mailbox and open, close shutters to play with. The play center also simply opens out to be played within an open, two-sided set-up. Really the possibilities are endless.
- Multi-functional and extremely entertaining play center
- Safe and durable, enclosed environment for baby to play
- Many interactive panels, windows, archways, shutters and a mailbox to play with
- Play panel is adaptable to cater for horizontal seated play
- BrandLittle Tikes
- Weight17 pounds
The very last product on our complete round-up today of the Best Toys for 1-year old boys comes from the typical manufacturer, Fisher Price and features smart stage technology. It’s a stationery style car that promotes your baby boy to sit up, crawl, stand and move it around with a built-in slope for further ball play. There are over 75 sing-along songs and phrases, tunes and still a light-up interactive dashboard to be explored. It also has three different modes of play; Learning, Music, and Imagination.
- Smart stages technology with three levels of play
- Above 75 fun songs, phrases, and tunes
- Built-in ramp for added ball play fun
- Fun car theme promotes imaginative play
- Weight1 pounds
Toys for 1-Year-Old Boys Buying Guide & FAQs
Playtime is super vital and actually one of the fastest ways for your child to develop a whole range of skills. The concept of play is eventually rewarding, not to mention fun, so it is a huge way to introduce your little boy to social, emotional, psychomotor as well as lingual skills. They can really learn so much just through the simple act of play.
Incorporating elements for example music or sound, along with touch and feel, are great ways to find children to develop with motor function skills and also to learn the importance of things like reason and effect. A hands-on activity like stacking things, pushing buttons, pulling levers, etc is all huge for, and this kind of interactive play is so beneficial.
Things to Consider When Buying The Best Toys for 1-Year-Old Boys
Boys tend to naturally be more violent than girls so it’s a good idea to buy gift toys that foster collaboration as well as exercising those very important motor skills that will drain some of that energy and pacify early frustrations. Be sure to purchase toys that are certified as safe and don’t contain any toxic materials.
Besides, make sure that the toys you buy won’t present a choking hazard either. Kids tend to grab and automatically set things into their mouths to ensure that all the parts are big enough that they can’t be ingested or become lodged in the throat either.
It’s possibly also a good idea to ensure that the toys you invest in at this age are fully washable. Purchase toys that prepare them for school, instilling creative and communication skills so they will rapidly get ahead of the curve.
Kids’ toys should not be only about aesthetics. They should draw their attention and add some price to their overall development. The list above contains our options for the best toys and gift ideas for 1-year-old boys to enable you to make the best pick when hunting for that birthday present.